Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Stupid Pet Tricks Filler

We have two cats. One, named Theo, is a normal cat, aloof around people he doesn't know, generally friendly, but equally skittish. The other, called Sage, is a big galoot of a lunkhead (or whatever the female version is), not very smart, but probably the most people-friendly feline I've ever known.

We're in the process of having our basement finished. This weekend, the painters toiled in our basement to prime the walls.

I came home yesterday from grocery shopping to find Sage waiting at the front door, angling to make a run for it, which is her normal move. I looked down at her, and saw some sort of foreign substance on her head. When I reached down to investigate, I felt a crust on her fur, and realized that it was obviously paint. I grabbed a wet towel and went to work on her, to limited success.

Later that evening, I went to the basement to see the progress. Sage, dutiful dog-like cat that she is, followed me. While I looked at the walls, she climbed a ladder that stood in the corner. A ladder, as it turns out, that still had wet paint on it. She doubled up on the paint-head look, as you can see:


That white spot in the middle of her head? Not fur.
And yes, it appears that we are down to posting filler photos of our pets. It's summer, man.

19 comments:

Whitney said...

Rob, an interesting Sidewinders story:
http://blurtonline.com/feature/college-rock-chronicles-pt-8-sidewinders/

They got sued by a cover band in NC with an almost identical name, and that basically derailed their career.

zman said...

I didn't know you're a cat guy, rob. But perhaps I should've figured it out based on your superior intellect and wit. I too live with two cats and I think that every clowder of cats has one that's skittish and aloof and one that's more like a dog--it's the whole alpha-cat vs. omega-cat dynamic.

Whitney said...

New England cat clowder. Yum.

Whitney said...

Djokovic in some trouble.

rob said...

i'm an animal guy, z. just so happens that at this moment in time, cats suit our family lifestyle better than other critters. i love those furry bastards.

Dave said...

okay, pet pics theme might just work for me . . .

zman said...

RIP Kate Spade.

zman said...

BAT bringing the heat today! A BMW M1, a 1989 SHO, a BRG Mog, a Lancia Delta Integrale 16V, a Giulietta Spider, and what I'm 96.9% sure is my urologist's S4 Avant.

zman said...

And that 1978 Saab. Good gravy.

rob said...

brb, gonna buy that mog.

Whitney said...

Trump says that the Eagles players have “abandoned their fans” by having no interest in visiting him in the White House. In Washington. Home of their bitter division rivals. Aren’t they staying home where their fans actually are?

TR said...

My spring of intensive baseball coaching (and no gainful employment) continues!

My 10 y/o's rec team just won their semifinal playoff game 10-9 in an extra inning thriller tonight. One kid had a 2-out single to tie it in the 6th. The second-worst hitter had a 2-out single to take the lead in the 7th. We now play in the finals on Saturday. If we win, we play against the neighboring town for the Mayor's Cup!

Playoffs for U8 travel start Friday night. My opposing coach wears double-hoop earrings and doesn't keep score correctly. I need to lock that down to get into the semis on Sunday.

Whitney said...

Afternoon, everybody

TR said...

Hi Whit!

Danimal said...

g'day

Whitney said...

I saw last night that Cuervo is still running their "Tomorrow is Overrated" ads. Aggressive. Or as the girls cheered in high school, a-g-g-r-e-s-s-i-v-e.

Reminds me of this Nick Swardson bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKoTII622xU

TR said...

When somebody hits what I perceive to be a big 3-pt shot and Breen does not say “bang,” I get a tiny bit sad.

TR said...

KD has huevos grandes.

TR said...

The moaning in the Halep-Muguruza match is off the charts. Both seem to be trying to be louder than the other.

Sounds like the noises that used to come out of Room 308 when Zman and Rootsy were young bucks.