Friday, October 22, 2004

Beating TeeJay to the Punch

It seems that Nugget phenom Carmelo Anthony has gotten busted with some pot in his backpack at the airport. In an explanation you saw cruising down main street, it wasn't his. Of course not. It was his friend's. Naturally. His friend borrowed the backpack and left it in there. Oh, how unfortunate.

The "it's not mine, my friend left it in there" excuse is a classic, sidling up alongside such gems as "My dog ate my homework," "I was just kidding," "She didn't mean anything," "I didn't know we were dating exclusively," "It was a contact high," "I never inhaled," "Somebody slipped me a mickey," "I didn't know she was your sister," "I was just borrowing it," "I was going to pay for it," "I didn't know she was a prostitute," "I had a tuna sandwich for lunch," "I read it for the articles," "It's patchouli," "I'm just tired," "I couldn't pass these tests even if I were sober," "The bitch set me up," "I was entrapped by the DC police," "The DC police planted those drugs in my car," "[every sentence Marion Barry's ever uttered]," and "I got those staples in my head from hitting an awning rail, definitely not from getting caught giving a guy some road head and ramming my head into the bottom of the steering wheel."

Soon to be trite expression: So that's what makes Anthony so 'melo!

4 comments:

Jerry said...

Your call-boy must have a hell of a sharp steering wheel. It is a triangle?

Whitney said...

Yeah, the joke was a stretch, but I was in a hurry to post before TJ made the same joke. He is to pot-jokes what Cypress Hill is to pot-songs.

T.J. said...

Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese?
Don't you know I'm loco?

amanda young said...

Oh wow! what a joke! Amanda Vanderpool