Saturday, May 18, 2024

Road Trip Filler, Part Deux

I would tell you miscreants that I'm disappointed in your lack of production, but that's not the kind of tiny dictator I choose to be. Instead, I'll give the people what they want. And I know they want this.

Grabbed dinner last night at a hopping little joint called Terminal Public House in downtown Terre Haute, right in the shadow of the Terre Haute Convention Center. As my daughter and I drove the 2.5 miles from our hotel to the restaurant, I thought to myself, "I really thought I'd see some Larry Bird shit here". Alas, the Hick from French Lick was nowhere to be seen. 

Until we parked, walked around a corner, and came upon this:

That's a work in progress mural that's a perfect copy of this Sports Illustrated cover from November 28, 1977. And it's gonna be perfect. 

I'll find the statue the next time I come here.

6 comments:

rob said...

some craaaazy happenings thus far on today’s final leg. tune in tomorrow!

zman said...

I just saw my first Cybertruck and I spontaneously laughed and shouted “you’re and idiot!” but I don’t think the driver heard me. Just a spectacularly stupid looking car.

Whitney said...

If you actually yelled that, that would be a tiny morsel of irony

Whitney said...

And those cybertrucks look like something out of Total Recall 1990. With the special effects of that era. What the future was supposed to bring. And it did!

zman said...

Isn't it ironic, as Alanis Morissette might say. That's what I get for typing on my phone. The Cybertruck looks even worse in person. The stainless steel was stained, the proportions are weird, the utility appears limited.

Whitney said...

Anybody see what I typed yesterday about the Mets? Goes double today. Pity that the season’s over so soon. Again.