Sunday, February 28, 2021

Good zNews

Thanks to my genetic and professional predisposition for high blood pressure, I got my second covid vaccination on Friday night.  There were a ton of people at my county's vaccination center but the National Guard moved us along like clockwork, it took maybe 15-20 minutes from check-in through dosage and then a 15 minute observation period to make sure I didn't have an allergic reaction.  I woke up on Saturday with a sore arm but no other ill effect.  This surprised me because based on what I've read and seen, I expected the next day to go like this:


For clarity, I would be Arnold Schwarzenegger in this scenario and zwoman would be Sandahl Bergman.  TR would be the wizard.

But now I'm like this:


I'm still wearing masks, distancing, washing my hands, etc. but it feels good to be vaccinated.

I might feel good because I've also started taking better care of myself.  I haven't had a drink since Christmas and I've exercised all but two days since January 1.  As a result I've lost at least five pounds, I get decent sleep, and I have fewer aches and pains.  Thanks to my employer's wellness benefit plan I have a bicycle for the first time in about 30 years and I look forward to riding around with zson as the weather get better.

zmom is slated for her first dose on Thursday and zstepfather on Monday.  So there's good znews all around.  Saying this in pixels practically guarantees a meteor strike or some other calamity, but I'll enjoy the positivity for now.

***DAY 2 UPDATE***

I'm still like this:



13 comments:

rob said...

mazel, z. good on you. i'll be curious about how you feel on day two. my wife was okay the first day after her second dose, but she was knocked on her ass on the day after.

Dave said...

this is the lamest post ever. i'm getting my first shot tuesday-- but it's pfizer which is supposed to be very effective after one dose. then i will commence drinking pelinkovac, visiting haitian brothels, and eating food that has been on the floor for more than five seconds.

Dave said...

i will also wipe my ass with my masks and flush them.

rootsminer said...

Day after dose 2 was also rough for my wife, but fine thereafter.

Also, z exercise news is huge. Biking is a great way to get some low impact cardio. If you haven't had a local shop do a fit, I'd recommend that highly. Can make a huge difference.

rob said...

i hope they have needles robust enough to penetrate dave's mutant skin

zman said...

Thanks guys, even Dave. Day 2 update: I still feel good. I bought the bike at a bike shop so they made sure I had the right size frame, seat height etc.

TR said...

US gave out 2.4 MM vaccine shots y/day. That’s almost double the February average. Good news.

Danimal said...

The golf tourney w a formidable leaderboard....I'd like to see Horshel pull it out (a victory that is) but this joint is calling out to a major winner.
Love me some Hovland....be on the lookout for him.

rob said...

both whit and i have wagers on hovland, danny. he’d be leading if he hadn’t carded a quad on his last hole on friday. also, if my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle.

Danimal said...

I saw that, as well as his response which included a smile. He's gonna win a lot...

Dave said...

you're still washing your hands? i stopped doing that in may . . .

TR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rob said...

two weeks in a row i've bet on the dude who finishes second in a golf tournament. check with me later this week if you want to know who'll finish second next weekend.