Monday, August 09, 2021

You Still Need More Sneakers

Actually recurring filler!  You know you need more sneakers.  Here are some more bargains.

Dennis Busenitz has an $80 skate shoe with Adidas with a good silhouette in a bunch of colorways.  I like the mac n cheese for winter, Mark prefers gray and yellow.  You can't go wrong either way.


Dressy leather sneakers are popular these days.  Cole Haan, Johnson & Murphy, Allen Edmonds all make pretty much the same thing for $100 or more.  K-Swiss makes a nearly identical shoe for $31.50.

Asics is widely overlooked despite having some clean designs and interesting colorways.  For example, these $60 Tiger Runners make a great summertime beater, especially for those of you with more conservative tastes.  The dirtier these get, the better they look.  They gray ones are only $50.

If you're more stylistically adventuresome, these Curreo IIs in green are also $50.  Mow the lawn while wearing these and the grass stains won't show.


One of my all-time favorite oddball Asics is the Gel-Lite III.  The tongue is split down the middle.  I don't think anyone else did that.  They come in a ton of different colorways but Asics oddly doesn't put them all on one page.  Here's a green and yellow version for you Tribe Pride guys, and an ivory and black version for the pianists out there, both for $110.  You can sear your retinas with this lime green version for $100.  I'm all in on the $80 gray and pink joints.


And if you're going to play tennis I can't say enough good things about the Asics Gel Resolution series.

If you want retro runners with a smorgasbord of color options and you don't want to break the bank, Diadora has a wide range of Camaros and Camaro Iconas (another Tribe Pride version!) starting at $40.  There's no wrong way to go with all these colors but my $40 is on these tan and orange beauties.


Too far out there for you?  Fine.  Put up $55 for these Jog Light Cs and thank me next time you see me.



Hopefully this helps you get straightened out, at least from the ankles down.

9 comments:

rootsminer said...

Cool, but I just bought a new pair of bike shoes and hiking shoes last week, and have very limited style.

TR said...

Vans/Airwalks seem to be the sneakers seem to be the dad shoe of choice in my new neighborhood. I can get used to that.

TR said...

Question for Rootsy - as a naive wilderness guy who wants to start hiking, what would you recommend for a reasonably price walking shoe for beginner/intermediate hikes? I think they have REIs every 100 yards out this way.

rootsminer said...

I like to hike in the lightest shoes possible. The notion that a heavy pair of boots is going to protect your ankle is absurd. A lightweight shoe saves you energy on every step. I just bought a pair of super light, zero drop Altras because my Hokas were a little tight in the toe box, especially when descending. I've had decent luck with Brooks in the past too. The zero drop does feel a little odd at first, but I'm getting used to it.

My recommendation is to go to a place where they will scan your foot, analyze your gait, and fit you with options that work for your anatomy. I don't look at prices anymore. I choose the shoe that feels best and buy it. That 30 bucks you save isn't enough to justify choosing the wrong pair of shoes.

Dave said...

i like to hike in heavy boots to really crush my quads and calves. i also carry a moose.

i like those green asics! but they don't have them in my size . . .

rob said...

i'm all about new kicks. got my eye on a pair of nike daan van der linden sb collabs. i can't get down with the silhouette of the asics and diadoras. just not my bag, baby.

rob said...

nate knight with 13 and 7 in the first half of his summer league debut for the t-wolves.

rob said...

19 and 9, including the game-winner on a man-sized offensive rebound

TR said...

So I got this going for me:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/denver.cbslocal.com/2021/08/08/denver-air-ranked-most-polluted-in-world/%3famp