Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Were Vince Neil and Axl Rose unavailable?

Stumbled upon the country music version of American Idol last night, something called Nashville Star, and believe it or not, Bret Michaels of Poison fame was one of the judges. Say what? Bret Michaels is to country music what I am to drinking in moderation.

Heard Joe Gibbs on Big 100.3 this morning, attempting to sign Murphy and Cash to cap-destroying 5 year deals. I would've at least thought he could step down the hall and see if Teapot Tim was available.

Thanks Britney, that should help...Pop superstar Britney Spears has offered some unusual advice to the beleaguered Michael Jackson – he should get drunk and fight someone in a bar. "He needs someone to be like, 'OK, let's buck you up, let's give you a moustache, let's rough you up, let's go to a bar, let's get drunk and be a man.'"
By the way, I've been laughing for 5 straight minutes at the thought of MJ with a molestache.

Kudos to Chris Paul for punching Julius Hodge in the nuts. I have hated Hodge and his game since Jerry and I saw him at the MCI Center his senior year. Why do I hate him? I have absolutely no idea. It's kinda like Corey Simspon hating Dee Brown (no, not the Dream Job contestant, the Illinois kid) for no reason.

No truth to the rumor that Tom Brennan buys Ben and Jerry's for his whole team after every victory. It is true, however, that the Vermont Catamounts have some very stoned fans.

Dennis and I hope to contribute a few bracket tips later, so that means all you readers (Hi Jerry) check back closer to quitting time.

5 comments:

Jerry said...

Hi TJ!!!! It's St. Patricks's Eve!!!!

T.J. said...

Excellent, a man with a calendar...just what we need here at Gheorghe.

Jerry said...

Yeah, and I bought one of those plastic things to hold my silverwear in the drawer. But it's still sitting on top of my counter.

Now watch me dive!!!

Whitney said...

I know you were joking, but I was just thinking that I am as giddy for St. Pat's as those guys in the Guinness commercial. We should really do Secret St. Patty's gifts next year.

Last year's St. Pat's I had just told my colleague that we needed to stay under the radar, what with us being in a bar (on the clock) at 10:30 am when I turned a corner and nearly knocked myself unconscious on a large television camera filming the scene at the bar. If you see me on TV tomorrow, it's not me.

T.J. said...

My tax dollar getting Whitney, uh I mean Chris Chandler, wasted.