Friday, March 11, 2005

Greatest Day Ever?

Before we get to that day, please remember to vote early and often for the Gheorghe awards, or whatever the hell we're calling them...
6 days from now, March 17, 2005, looks like it's in the running for GDE (Greatest Day Ever). Obviously, it's March 17, so we've got the all-out wastedness of St. Patty's Day to set the tone. It also happens to be the first day of the NCAA Tourney, so that's drinking and gambling, check. To top it off, all of these roided up MLB donkeys are being called before Congress to talk about ass injections with Jose Canseco...can we get a camera in those proceedings? All I know is that I feel a really bad cold coming on, and it should hit me in, oh, about 6 days.

Culinary note: I've been at work for about 2 hours, and I've already downed a sleeve of Trefoils.

I stole this quote from SG's page, but in case you haven't seen it, it gave me a good chuckle. I don't hate Jalen Rose as much as I did 12 years ago...
"He probably was a little tired from All-Star weekend. While he was running up and down the court throwing it off the backboard, I was laying on the beach drinking a fruity drink with an umbrella. So I probably gave myself an unfair advantage on that one."
-- Jalen Rose explaining why he outplayed Vince Carter two days after the All-Star Game

Donald Trump, Super Guy...Donald Trump is negotiating to buy the Miss America pageant now that he's crushed the venerable beauty contest with his rival Miss USA spectacle. Trump has steered the ratings of Miss USA up to 16 million viewers, while Miss America has shrunk to 9.8 million. None of the networks has made a deal to televise Miss America next fall, and there is speculation the pageant will end up as a reality show on cable. But not if Trump buys it. Unburdened by any feminist folderol, he'll eliminate the talent portion and focus solely on contestants' looks. "Nobody wants to see some girl tap-dance or play the violin," said one insider. "Trump will increase the height of their heels and decrease the size of their swimsuits."

No comments: