Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Let the Madness begin

So, when the Washington Huskies went bananas after seeing they were a #1 seed, did anyone else catch the crazy asian guy jumping around with the rest of the team? I can only assume he was a team manager, most likely the stats guy (WHAT - they're good at math), but he was the most out of place guy in the whole selection process (that is, if you don't count the now officially senile Dickie V). Please tell Digger Phelps we don't care if his highlighter matches his tie.

I've been staring at brackets for two days now, and I don't have a clue. Seriously. I've watched a ton of college hoops this year, and I haven't completed a bracket yet. All my entry fees are definitely going straight to the chick who makes the Diane Chambers-esque picks.

Speaking of hoops overload, my non-stop TV viewing this weekend forced the lady of the house to the bedroom TV, and she informed me the Lifetime Channel had a lot to offer. Sunday's lineup (I can't make these up, this channel writes it's own material):
Silencing Mary - Sabrina the Teenage Witch AND Parker Lewis Can't Lose were in this gem
Murder at 75 Birch - Melissa Gilbert is making a run at Meredith Baxter Birney
Fatal Reunion - Erika Eleniak (the voiceover: "Will she survive with her marriage and her life intact?")

Hey Tribe alums, William and Mary has a new President. And he looks like the love child of MeatLoaf and SuperChunk from Goonies.

Whitney might have faded away to MLC, and it could be a good thing, because the Washington Wizards are fading big time (yes, Wilbon, I know they swept the Lakers last night for the first time in franchise history). The Wiz, at 34-27, are just 3 games up on the highly coveted "8th and final playoff spot". Meanwhile, in the time it has taken for Lez Boulez to almost cost me a case of beer, Employee #8 has the Celtics 8-1 since his arrival. Boston has a serious chance of making the Eastern Conference Finals because of Walker. Wow.

Spring Training nugget for Mets fans out there: Manager Willie Randolph has a strict no facial hair policy in effect, with one major exception - trimmed mustaches. Apparently Randolph was moved to allow mustaches after receiving a powerful letter from one J.F. of Alexandria, VA.

Dennis, if all holds up, we will be placing a wager on Duke/Cuse.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Don't forget that "Duke in the Final Four" wager we've got . . . And to hedge my bets, I've got two brackets complete - one with Duke and the other with the Cuse. I have nothing but contempt and disrespect for Oklahomo and Cuntucky in the Austin region. And yes, those hillbilly insults are free of charge . . .