Monday, March 21, 2005

SPRING BREAK SHARK ATTACK!!!

(I mean, come on, who didn’t see that coming?) Fantastic weekend of hoops viewing (guest analyst Coach D was a huge bonus on Friday), once I got over the debacle that was Cuse/Vermont...Gerry McNamara, your very clutch 4-18 performance makes you the Bama of the Week…Week…Week (Earls, Heath, you can vote for any Wake player you choose)...Kudos to Matt Essman’s Bucknell Bison, pulling an absolute stunner over Kansas (Bill Self will be getting some serious hate mail in the coming months)... Julius Hodge, I still hate you (and not just because you’re stealing my Social Security), but I must give you credit for carrying your team on 40-year-old legs to the Sweet 16... Texas Tech and Bobby Knight in the Sweet 16? Nothing surprises me anymore, though I think if anyone other then Ronald Ross attempts a 3-pointer for TX Tech father or son Knight punches them in the face in the huddle (Oh yeah, Bobby, classy move bashing Mike Davis after the W)... Special thanks to UW-Milw. for being the only prediction I can hang my hat on...Mike Gansey, you just outdueled Chris Paul. Not too shabby. I am suffering serious withdrawal already - need more hoops…

Ohio State Sophomore LeBron James dropped 56 yesterday against Georgia Tech Senior Chris Bosh, and the Cavs still managed to lose. James outscored his team 56-42. Not good at all.
**Cavs Update - Management canned Paul Silas today. They apparently noticed that Silas is a terrible coach. Took 'em long enough.

Wow, ‘tis the season for shitty sequels:
The Ring Two - Anyone that knows me knows I hated The Ring probably more than any other movie I’ve ever see…simply the dumbest movie ever…and now they are running the same crap back at us? Give me a fucking break.

XXX: State of the Union - So, Ice Cube is replacing Vin Diesel in this action flick. What, no Barbershop 3 to film? Wasn’t Cube at one time one of the top five scariest men in America?

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous - Steaming pile of poop, though it is good to see William Shatner still getting work.

7 comments:

Dennis said...

I'm sorry, when was the point when you got over the Cuse loss? I missed that part.

T.J. said...

OK, I lied...I'm still not over it...

Dennis said...

I'll never get over Macho Grande . . .

T.J. said...

-Doctor, can you give the Court your impression of Mr. Striker?
-I'm sorry. I don't do impressions. My training is in psychiatry.

T.J. said...

Stephen Hunter of the Washington Post has this take on The Ring Part Deux:
"It appears to have been written on a large piece of blank paper by chickens with their feet dipped in ink."

Jerry said...

Whoa. Look at Mr. Fancy formatting.

T.J. said...

I just noticed Whit and Rob jazzed it up over at MLC, so I figured Big Gheorghe could use a facelift as well.