Saturday, June 05, 2021

Rainbow's Clues

Those of you with children of a certain age will recall Blue's Clues with fondness. Bright, goofy, good-hearted, the kids' show entertained my little ones no small amount. 

So I was more than a little amused this week to learn that the show's newest iteration has inflamed passions on the right with a subversive(ish) little video celebrating Pride Month:


Queer activist and winner of Miss Congeniality in season 11 of RuPaul's Drag Race Nina West voices the body-positive and inclusive song in the video. In response to the predictably unhinged and intolerant response, West said, "I will always continue to choose kindness and positivity and lead with love."

I think we can all get down with that. Even (especially?) if it involves a queer dolphin in a wheelchair.

15 comments:

rob said...

blocked two shots with my right ribcage playing soccer this morning. feeling less than perfect.

TR said...

I spent four hours in the sun at youth baseball games today. I have a sunburn on my neck that is quite impressive. I will be back out there tmrw for two more. Yippee.

Anonymous said...

Huge win for the Isles against a tough Bruins team. Nets looked great tonight w/o Harden. Blake Griffin's "give a shit" meter is turned up to 11.

Unfortunately, the Yanks are shitting the bed. But it was otherwise a great sports night.

rob said...

felt pretty good about my nets win/harden scores more than 25 parlay last night. for about 45 seconds.

zman said...

I've been told that I look like Steve from Blue's Clues.

Mark said...

TR’s Trae Young is Marc Macon 2.0 take is aging quite poorly.

Mark said...

Also, I’m quite excited to sit on my couch and watch Game 7 of Clips-Mavs. And I’m doing some soya vide country ribs (finished on the egg) for dinner so I’ve got plenty of cover for doing jack shit this afternoon.

Mark said...

It’s a little early but this might be an all timer from Luka.

Mark said...

Well, luka might want to start shooting a bit more.

Mark said...

The new Sierra Nevada session hazy ipa is a delicious summer beer. Just a tip for y’all.

rootsminer said...

I’m not sure the the last time I had a beer. Though i did just have my third gin and soda.

We’re heading towards a clips-nets ‘b-team’ finals, aren’t we?

Mark said...

I’m happy to report the sous vide country ribs were tremendous.

Why do I watch the USMNT?

Mark said...

Nevermind

rob said...

yeah. pulisic has been non-existent and the back line has been laughable. but mckennie's been good, we got the equalizer, sargent's work rate has been excellent, steffen made a sick save, and we're at least in it.

rob said...

my internet must be broken. it's saying that the red sox are 5.5 games up on the yankees. i could've sworn tr told us that the yankees were tied in the loss column.