Thursday, January 03, 2019

This Week in Procrastination, Wistfulness, and Redemption

Loathe as I am to turn the page on such a cathartic Gheorghemas, the calendar does read 2019, and these posts aren't gonna count themselves.

I was sitting down to write the first This Week in Wrenball of the new year, when I turned on the Gheorghetown/Butler contest and saw that W&M transfer Greg Malinowski got the start for the Hoyas due to injuries. I have no hard feelings towards the young man, though I often wonder what might have been with his solid all-around game and accurate long-range shot added to last year's deadeye offense (and more importantly, non-existent defense).

In any case, the Hoya senior opened up by making his first four shots (two from deep), adding two assists and a steal, and totaling 10 points in the first eight minutes of the game (he finished with a career-high 26 on 10-12 shooting (6-7 from beyond the arc) with six rebounds and 4 dimes). I got a little wistful on Twitter.


And because Twitter is where one goes to feel better about oneself, karma smiled upon me. FOGTB and CAA hoops blogfather Mike Litos immediately chimed in to let me know about a post William & Mary Sports Blog dropped today.


Here I was thinking I needed to spend less time on Twitter! Silly me.

I won't steal everything from that terrific post, but I will share this highlight from a game that ranks at the very top of my personal sports fan moments. We even wrote about it right here, way back in 2014.



That's a much better way to start a blogyear than we chose at the beginning of 2018.

26 comments:

TR said...

My dog’s anal glands need to be expressed.

zman said...

My friend's dog had a similar glandular issue. Let the vet do it for you and stand far away from the dog whilst the expression takes place.

rootsminer said...

Anal glands - glad to see the comments are getting back to normal. Enough somber reflection already, let's get nasty!

Marls said...

What is the going rate in NJ for anal gland expression? Our dog has not yet needed the service but the rate sheet at our local boarding place says $8 for external and $15 for internal.

Dave said...

your dog has a right to express himself and his anal glands anywhere he wants. this is america.

while i am glad the comments have returned to normal, i'm not so excited by the incomprehensible (to me) wrenball posts.

and anything at a vet that's under $100 dollars is a bargain. you should probably get your anal glands done as well, marls.

Unknown said...

It depends on whether you take the anal glands express vs the local.

rob said...

i've seen dave play basketball, so i can understand why he's confused by these posts. we'll work on more primers.

Whitney said...

It’s a dipshittery day here

Whitney said...

CSN’s “Our House” playing on SiriusXM’s Deep Tracks channel. Should somebody maybe tell them?

rob said...

this might not be the tribe’s year

Whitney said...

Um, Rob, they’re 6-9 right now

TR said...

It’s a deep track to anybody under 35.

TR said...

Wife put on the R Kelly doc. R Kelly had himself a whole lotta dirty dirty sex.

zman said...

She’s trying to tell you something.

Whitney said...

Just hoping she didn’t have asparagus for dinner

TR said...

Drip drip drip

zman said...

The bucket of “R Kelly’s doo doo butter” in that sketch killed me.

zman said...

Yoodge day here.

Whitney said...

Slowest GTB day ever?

Whitney said...

So I had tickets to see Lake Street Dive in DC 2 months ago but got sidetracked with a hotel suite, a lovely lady, and extracurriculars galore. Just didn’t happen.

I have 2 more tickets to the show tonight in Norfolk. We’ll see if it happens.

rootsminer said...

Only one lovely lady? You slippin' pal?

rob said...

just finished 'boom town'. dave is right - it's phenomenal. strongest white.

Mark said...

I just finished “Hotel Scarface”. I’m a sucker for stories about drugs and Florida so it was particularly up my alley but I highly recommend it.

Unknown said...

Love the Rootsy comment, perfect from my little little etc bro.

And spot on for some years.

Truth is, at my wiser and older age, what would make me happiest is the ideal foil to my unique brand of brilliance, aka dipshittery. Not sure that person has been created... or if she has, she's so wise that she knows she's best served treating me like a JazzFest weekend and then flying back to reality.

Stay tuned. And Lake Street Dive delivers super solid. Wow.

Dave said...

just put up a monster "park the bus" post.

http://box5689.temp.domains/~parkthe3/a-case-for-reading-novels-made-with-help-from-steven-johnson-and-george-eliot/

a couple g:tb easter eggs inside.

Shlara said...

If I played in the MLB, You Shook Me All Night Long would be my walk up song