Thursday, January 17, 2019

Happy Birthday to the Champ

Oh, you thought I meant Muhammad Ali?

Nah, man. Nah.

Eleven yearsish ago, I wrote this in a post about killer-cute rock babes:

And finally, the winner and still champion, the Bangles’ Susanna Hoffs. That tiny, vulnerable voice combined with just the right amount of dirty girl and those killer eyes? There’s no sense in fighting it. She’s topped my list since she walked like an Egyptian, and even though the competition’s getting fierce and she’ll be 50 next year, she’s still number one.

Susanna Hoffs turns 60 today. And she's still top of the charts.

10 comments:

Danimal said...

Same page Rob. Same. page. Susanna always reminded me of my very first love, Wendy Leech (yes...that is her last name). I can't think of either without thinking of the other and often wonder what would have come of us if I had not moved to the Winc.

zman said...

I got news for your crew you'll be suckin like a leech.

zman said...

Everyone hates the Bangles and the Beastie Boys.

Whitney said...

The eggs did crack on hazy shade of winter

rob said...

i rock the house party at the drop off a hat, i walk like an egyptian

zman said...

Close your eyes give me your hand darling, do you feel my heart beating biters down with an aluminum bat?

Whitney said...

Just another manic, I know you planned it, I'm a set it straight this Watergate
I can't stand rockin' when I'm in here, 'Cause your crystal blue Italian stream

...Nathanial Hörnblowér drops mic

Dave said...

hello gheorghies!

thanks zman, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever written about my stylistic choices! i should drive what i drive. you should have heard what my wife said about the shoes i chose to buy today. she ended her critique with well . . . "i didn't marry you for your fashion sense." they're really comfortable shoes. skechers.

sometimes i imagine what i'd be like if i dressed better and drove a cooler car and it doesn't seem all that different than how i am now.

TR said...

Wearing Skechers is one way to make your wife feel comfortable that you are not seeking adulterous relationships.

Dave said...

and driving a toyota minivan.