Wednesday, September 06, 2023

More of This The People They Want More of This

Last July, after a drawn-out legal kerfuffle, the New York City Council approved the "co-naming" of the intersection of Rivington and Ludlow Streets in Manhattan's Lower East Side as Beastie Boys Square. Paul Revere told us back then.

This week, the Beasties started dropping cryptic social posts, culminating with this morning's release of a poster:

According to Brooklyn Vegan, "The new name will be unveiled at a dedication this Saturday (9/9), from 12 PM-2 PM, with Mike D and Ad-Rock both in attendance. Jon Bless will do a DJ set, and there will be pop-up activations, live screen printing, and more."

I can't make the trip to the Big Apple this weekend, but some of you might be more flexibly situated. If Novak Djokovic can Fight for Your Right, the least y'all can do is Ch-Check It Out.


17 comments:

zman said...

My situation is not flexible at the moment, but it goes without saying that I practice Asana daily so I'm very flexible, I'm a Scorpio so you know I'm very sexual.

Whitney said...

Alas, I'll be running from the law and the press to my parents' (rental house in Maine).
My name's not Michael Diamond.
Yes, mine's Clarence.


Send pics, whichever of our GTB correspondents goes.

rob said...

seems the kid is gonna be part of the buffs cheer contingent participating in fox’s big noon kickoff. so keep your eyes out for a short blond girl at the bottom of the pyramid.

zman said...

I alerted zsister about the Beasties festivities--she used to live at Broome and Forsyth so this would be a bit of a homecoming for her.

Professor G. Truck said...

maybe i'll go-- i do enjoy taking the train to the city . . . see, i'm a city slicker I ain't no townie, and right now I wish I had another hash brownie.

Professor G. Truck said...

and if i run into your sister, zman, I won't try to pick her up . . . in fact:

I want to say a little something that's long overdue
The disrespect to women has got to be through
To all the mothers and the sisters and the wives and friends
I want to offer my love and respect to the end

rootsminer said...

I hear zsister's been hanging out with all those graffiti guys

Shlara said...

so, did you guys know that ch-check it out debuted on The OC?
I just learned that factoid

zman said...

Yo shut the fuck up rootsyman

Whitney said...

“Portland State football coach Bruce Barnum says one of his players had his ear ‘ripped off’ during the team’s loss to Oregon.”

Yipes, man

Mark said...

If zsister does attend she better get her haircut correct like Anthony Mason.

rootsminer said...

How does one get their ear get ripped off while wearing a football helmet?

zman said...

Her hair is in God's hands, Mark.

rootsminer said...

Ears too, apparently.

Whitney said...

In Providence for the night. Please fire off any eating or boozing recs.

rob said...

i'm told federal hill has a ton of great italian spots, but i've never had the pleasure.

Whitney said...

OBXDave and Marls, thanks for the recs