Thursday, July 28, 2022

You Think You've Seen It All?

 One of the frequently included memes from Gheorghe: The Blog...

...wasn't enough! So more memes arrived.  Of course.

Neither was this! More! More!

Sadly, it was never enough. And so, like when cocaine wasn't good enough for insane partiers in the 70's and 80's, and that begat freebasing and crack, here is another terrible idea.

The great minds in Hollywood have deemed this silliness (and a silly story about a bear who found cocaine and ingested it in 1985) worthy of fleshing out a backstory and are creating a feature film. 

Cocaine Bear: The Movie.

No. I am not kidding. 

Is this a huge prank? Maybe! But maybe not!

Here's the graphic on their IMDb page. Looks like I just made this at my desk? I didn't.


The film is directed by Elizabeth Banks (The Hunger Games, The Lego Movies, etc.), and features a cavalcade of stars, including Keri Russell, O'Shea Jackson Jr., and Jesse Tyler Ferguson.

And Ray Liotta! Presumably as Cocaine Bear.

This was his last film, and there will undoubtedly be many tasteless jokes about how he'd rather be gone than bear witness (very much intended) to this dreck.

But who knows? This could be the next Snakes on a Plane!

What could go wrong with a plot summary like this?

It tells the story of a drug runner whose plane crashes with a load of cocaine that's found by a black bear, who eats it.

It's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Cocaine Bear: The Movie has a tentative release date of February 24, 2023 in the United States. Buckle up.

15 comments:

rob said...

with no little amount of trepidation (the highlander 2 fiasco still fresh in my mind after all these years), i insist upon convening a summit for us to watch this together.

Whitney said...

Hey, you and I saw Showgirls on the day it was released. And that was a humdinger. Let's do it.

rootsminer said...

Coming soon to Cinephobe?

rob said...

tribe's own jon stewart with some righteous indignance on the steps of the capitol today (maybe yesterday?) after senate republicans voted unanimously against advancing legislation to provide funding to healthcare to veterans impacted by toxic fumes from burn pits. the gop are clutching pearls because he said 'motherfucker'. fucking cowards.

zman said...

A trip to the movies to watch Showgirls was a rush function. I never realized how big Big Country was until he got into my 1994 Nissan Sentra and filled the whole thing up.

Mark said...

As one of the GTB members who loved/pushed this meme the most, I demand some sort of summit.

Speaking of Summits, I did the 5 hour drive from my town to Tallahassee today for my my niece’s (and goddaughter) graduation/birthday (tomorrow and today, respectively) celebration with my parents and my daughter. This drive to one of my least favorite places always sucks. Today my parents spiced it up by having a spirited conversation about how to download apps.

I have MORE than earned the upcoming DC summit with TJ and Rob.

zman said...

Lots of action here today. Cocaine bear put everyone to sleep?

Mark said...

I’m here! I’m also at a college bar (Madison Social) to celebrate my niece’s graduation. Thankfully, I got to skip the actual graduation.

Danimal said...

I missed Cocaine Bear. I'm here too and home watching Cocaine Bear's cousin, Bear, on Hulu. I enjoy.
Home after week long trip to MT followed by 2 day work trip in chi-town. Home is good.

zman said...

Danimal, did you do any fishing? I want to take a trip to Bozeman for the Museum of the Rockies and some fly fishing. Please share any wise tips or deetz.

And I started watching The Bear on Hulu. The swearing is a tour de force.

rob said...

just finished season one of the bear. episode 8 is a banger. that’s the shit.

Whitney said...

Mark, living his best life. Let’s do another SEC game soon.

Danimal said...

Z, yes. We did a half day on the flathead river. it was our 1st time fly fishing...whole family, 2 guides, 2 boats. (max 3 per boat + guide) everyone caught at least one fish, My 10 year old, the youngest, caught 3. i hope to do it again as do the kids. our guide did say that floating down river is a bit easier for newby's vs wading. i would def use a guide....they know the dillio.

Danimal said...

shoot me over any q's z and i will try to answer in kind

Mark said...

You can always count me in for an SEC game, Whit.