Tuesday, December 14, 2021

The Twelve Days of Gheorghemas: Day Five

On the fifth day of Gheorghemas, Big Gheorghe gave to me

Five Beers and Tunes

Four Resolutions

Three Gheorghemas Gifts to Give Yourself

Two Stones of Weight Loss (Your Mileage May Vary)

and Running Gags with Quatro Kitties

 

Beers leverage a variety of hops to make them unique, just like songs relies on different loops/sounds to make each one unique. Below are music and beer pairings from NPR’s top songs of 2021 to enjoy through Gheorghemas (if you can find the beers).

 

#5 – Sharon Van Etten & Angel Olsen's - Like I Used To & Rusty Nickel’s Hazy Girl (5.5%)

Two amazing songwriters collaborating over the pandemic speaks to a collaboration beer. But not just any collaboration, but a Pink Boots collaboration beer. For this tune, pop open a tasty Hazy Girl and enjoy the ride.


#4 – Megan Thee Stallion – Thot Shit & New Belgium La Folie (7%)

I’ll be honest on this one, I have no idea what the hell is going on in this song but it’s thot shit. So pop the top of highly-rated beer from New Belgium and a woman brewer, La Folie. This beer is sour with a kick of higher alcohol -- well, at least compared to your PBRs and Bud Lights of the world. 


#3 – Lucy Dacus – Thumbs & Lawson’s Sip of Sunshine (8%)

This dark song about a father’s unspeakable acts with the lyric “I would kill him” needs a more uplifting drink. Enter Lawson’s piney Sip of Sunshine to still leave a little bitter note with a ray of hope.

 

#2 Wet Leg - Chaise Lounge & PBR (4.6%)

“Are you coming backstage after the show?

Because I've got a chaise longue in my dressing room

And a pack of warm beer that we can consume”

pairs well with the rockstar’s beer of choice: PBR. So crack open a warm PBR and enjoy this tune.

 


#1 Lil Nas X - Montero & New Holiday’s Dragon’s Milk Triple Mash version (17%)

The Triple Mash version of Dragon’s Milk is described as “the ultimate indulgence” for an aged stout. Why a stout? I’m told Lil NAs X is stout down there.



Drink 'em if you can find 'em.

15 comments:

rootsminer said...

"I've got a 'lectric guitar and half a bottle of warm beer. I've got some funny ideas about what sounds good."

Whitney said...

Rootsy, is that a CVB lyric?

I went ahead and googled to confirm. Nice work!!

rob said...

on offer at my house currently: adroit theory 'demons surround me' russian imperial stout. 17% of chewy, rich asskickery.

zman said...

I'm down with Wet Leg.

Whitney said...

I like their song "Wet Dream," and for once this isn't some dumb dirty joke by Clarence

Squeaky said...

Great news. I'm at a work year end meeting in AZ with 69+ folks and someone tested positive this morning for COVID.

Fortunately I was not in close contact with said person and was wearing a mask for all indoor sessions. But wife is not happy about the news and set up second bedroom for my arrival on Wednesday.

And what the world needs now is Wet Leg.

rob said...

why did this post decide to cut off all the other posts this month? what fresh hell hath dooger wrought?

rob said...

friend of mine bought 100 bitcoin several years ago at $10. he mostly did it for work purposes - he did/does a lot of work on innovation and national security and wanted to be able to better understand cryptocurrency. i ran into him a couple of weeks ago and asked if he’d held onto it. sold it at $100. nice $9k profit. it’d be worth $5m today. gurrg.

Whitney said...

Oy, vey, but that’s a punt in the groin.

Dave said...

i love sip of sunshine, but i'm off beer. very sad. more importantly, who's been describing Lil Nas X genitals to you? that's weird.

Whitney said...

aka Dave wants much more specific detail. Talk about weird…

Juan Carlos said...

I must have signed up for a Covid Tracing service on my phone because I got an alert saying I was in close proximity to someone who tested positive and recommended I quarantine.

It doesn't tell you where or when it happened :(

zman said...

It's coming from inside the house.

Whitney said...

Roger Goodell is a putz

Whitney said...

And I just karaoked Going Back to Cali for the 20th time lifetime in one of my favorite bars. It gives me joy.