Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Not Just Another Tuesday

Happy Mardi Gras!

Carnival, as it's known down in the Crescent City, is in full swing. This wasn't so just two short years ago, when the city pretty much closed down for Fat Tuesday. That year my good friend Ned (a NOLA local for 30 years) and I scratched out a song that he recorded and set to a video. (And I posted here.)

24 months and a lot of healing later, rather than repost that, I'm selfishly posting the version with our high school chum Matt on bass and me on vocals. (With Ned still chiming in here and there.)

Hope you and your krewe are all happy, healthy, and far better off than you were in 2021.



9 comments:

rootsminer said...

We just had a customer drop off some type of decadent Fat Tuesday desert, from which I will try to refrain.

I observed the day by booking arrangements for a conference in GD, MFin Myrtle Beach on St. Paddy's weekend. I can feel the excitement all the way down in my plums!

Marls said...

I think the proper term for today is “krewe”.

Mark said...

Tremendous Eastbound & Down reference, Rootsy.

Whitney said...

Timmy, I had not noticed that Blogger went ahead and autocorrected me. Fixing now. Losers.

rob said...

apparently brandon miller brought the gun darius miles used to commit (alleged) murder and nate oats is saying it doesn't affect miller's spot on the team. that's some shit right there.

rob said...

sorry - had the gun that miles gave to another dude who killed a young woman.

Mark said...

Oats would've been much better off not issuing a comment of any kind instead of what he said. Dumbfoundingly tone deaf.

Donna said...

I just read Oats’ statement. OMDL
Kids will be out…wrong place/wrong time…
Good fu$&ing Grief!
“Just bringing his gun to him, detective. Couldn’t imagine anything bad would happen.”
And let me guess, he’s the second-highest paid guy in Alabama, right?!

rob said...

this forelady for the georgia grand jury should probably talk less, especially since it seems likely the forthcoming indictments are gonna rile up the maga loonbat rump something fierce.