Monday, August 10, 2026

Gheorghasbord: The Slimmining

Been an active three weeks or so for your boy, and I'm working on the comprehensive travelogue. I'm not saying it's on a Gheorghemas Day 12 schedule, but I'm not not saying that. I jumped on the scale this morning after a strict three-day regimen of PBR, Red Stripe, and gobs of tuna and was nonplussed, to say the very least. Gonna be doubling down on fiber and vegetables the next few days ahead of my annual physical on Wednesday.

All that's to say that the brain is a day or two away from firing on even one cylinder, so you'll get what you get.

I promise I'll stop hyping Michael Brennan at some point, but I find it very cool to see kids that are friends with mine doing big stuff in the world. Here's the moment after his win at the Wyndham Championship where his mom told him he's headed to Augusta. 
Here's a picture I took last year from the dune protecting the venerable Martha Wood Cottage from the ravages of the Atlantic Ocean. Possibly the best photo I've ever taken. Looks better the larger you make it. Feel free to use it for your own ends.


That's all I got, y'all. Gimme a few days.

5 comments:

  1. the kid is on a heater. with that win he jumped up almost 60 spots in the fedex cup standings on top of his masters exemption. apparently his entire family are fairly accomplished golfers with both parents and brother winning club championships at the club they belong to. what club would that be rob? belmont? elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s some Bob Ross type shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with z assesment, even if neither the clouds nor the sea look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you took that with your phone? your phone is a camera?

    ReplyDelete