Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tuxedo Tom Simspon Checking In

OK, I am indeed back, and I am now a married guy, having wed the FMD in the Outer Banks on Saturday (which I guess makes her the FFMD*). The winds of Ophelia were strong to quite strong, but that didn't prevent the regularly scheduled beach wedding from occurring. Special thanks to the law firm of Simspon, Dennis, Broka, Carlino & Sharkey for their solid work as best-man/grooms-dudes. I'd thank my family for coming as well, but they are about as likely to read GTB as Carrot Top is to win an Oscar. While I'm on the thanking train, credit must go to Arthur Murray, as the FFMD and I took a few cram session lessons so we (who am I kidding, so I) wouldn't embarrass myself on the dance floor (and yes, it cost me one Angry doubleheader, but as you can see, my no glove/no hit approach obviously wasn't needed). Fred and Ginger we ain't, but it went pretty well (meaning I didn't fall down or throw the new wifey into the band set-up). I am pretty sure a good time was had by all, but frankly, that was the fastest week of my life and everything is a complete blur. It's a shame there won't be many photos or video of the event...oh wait, my bad, did you say 7 hours of unedited video? Right...props to Whit for the wedding scenarios below, I got quite a kick out of them while I checked my email on the worst computer ever made in the Dare County Library (I assume Whit made it safely to the Cape and didn't tear his sac jumping fences in restaurant parking lots?). GTB should be back to it's regularly scheduled nonsense by tomorrow - right now I need to sift through 212 emails and voicemails, and most importantly, catch up on the prose at the Wheelhouse, MLC, Hot Action, MLT and Duffman Speaks (just wanted to see if you were paying attention). Seacrest out.

*Kudos to DC reader MH, Esq. for the new acronym (it's Former Future Mrs. D - wordy but effective)

13 comments:

T.J. said...

Oh yeah, if anyone saw highlights of the Chiefs/Jets debacle, can you let me know if the Jets actually played with 11 guys on the field the whole game?

Michael Jack said...

Chad Henne can blow me where the pampers is.

T.J. said...

Yep, that game I actually saw, and was quite pleased with the result, though ND fans need to settle down on the undefeated season talk. Idiots. That schedule is obscene.

Jerry said...

Hi TJ!

T.J. said...

Hi Jerry! Did you get me a 6er of GCA?

Jerry said...

Sorry, we were in a mad rush on Sunday morning. The Commodore was Commodoring is butt off.

T.J. said...

And what a cute butt it is. By the way, did you watch the season premiere of the OC? I was rather dissappointed.

Jerry said...

Didn't watch it yet. Couldn't get in the mood last night. I might have to double it up on Thursday night.

T.J. said...

I'm giving Reunion a shot tonight, mainly because I have absolutely no desire to watch House or Bones.

Jerry said...

I tried watching Reunion last night and only got through a few minutes. I felt too hungover and miserable to watch a show that had good looking chicks.

Michael Jack said...

I made FANTASTIC time from Brant Lake (exit 25) to the Albany Airport. say what you want about American cars, I love my rental Buick LeSabre with built-in XM.

T.J. said...

The Northway (I-87 to you non-upstaters) is a wonderful road to go 80 mph+ on.

Michael Jack said...

but the exits are numbered in order, not by mile marker. that is frustrating.

and we also made the obligatory stop at exit 5 to get beer. had to be done. a lot going on off exit 5...