Wednesday, October 07, 2026

Elephants, Acid, and Exploring the Inmost Cave

I just finished Act Two of my new Pig on the Wall series (The Long, Long Road: The Secrets to Tom Petty's Sustained Success). 

As usual, the length and content have gotten away from me-- this was supposed to be a one-episode exploration of creativity and the interesting story behind the track "Don't Come Around Here No More."

Honestly, it was a G:TB assignment and post from 2014 that inspired me!

But now I'm deep in the thick of something monstrous again. 

If you don't have the time and energy to listen to the whole thing, there is a quiz in this episode early on . . . for rock aficionados only. 

But the thing I am most proud of in the episode occurs just past the 23-minute mark. 

I had to make several montages to get a certain point across. Oddly, these montages did not exist on the internet, so I had to make them myself. 

This section also turns into an oddball one-question quiz-- give it a listen and tell me if you got the answer in the comments; I am genuinely curious

12 comments:

  1. elephants and acid...they make no sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did both at William and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I currently googling "best restaurants in Coraville, IA"? Perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never connected with an elephant at W&M. I have fond memories of how the leaves on the fall oak trees behind Unit M looked while on acid.

    Also had hook ups with horse face and buffalo ass, so in the general neighborhood of my big big big brother Whit dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly. I'm honoring my family. Evan Lloyd lineage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would like to know what nicknames the lady gheorghies have for the jackasses they hooked up with in college. i bet their friends have some good ones for some of you jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t think I actually hooked up with elephants. Most were rather lovely. And lucky, I dare say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just learned that Beck used to be married to the girl who was the curly redhead in Dazed and Confused. All right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am writing a metric fuckton of words on the manchester city scandal. it's taken me all afternoon and i don't really see an end in sight. i feel like dave writing a sentence.

    ReplyDelete